Any accomplishment requires vision and efforts of many people and St. Michael’s is not different.
It was the vision of late Archbishop Angelo Fernandes which led to the establishment of the school in 1980 based on the concept of “SAHODAY SYSTEM” (RISING TOGETHER) where the rich and the poor are able to live and study together which is the National Objective as envisaged in the Preamble of our Indian Constitution.
To accomplish the vision he was ably assisted by his Vicar General Rev. Fr. Ireneus Santos who ensured that preferential option is given to economically weaker sections of our society.
The challenging task was entrusted with the Christian Brothers. We fondly remember our pioneer Principals Bro. Emmanuel (1980 – 1982) Bro. Tynan (1982 – 1983) Bro. Mac Philmy (1983-85). In 1985 the Christian brothers withdrew themselves having given a good start and a good reputation. We are very much indebted to their selfless service.
The mantle then fell on Fr. Bennie Mathew one of our Diocesan Priests to head this Institution from 1985-88. We appreciate his dedicated service. Mr. Mani Thomas Principal from 1988-2007 served the longest term. Rev. Fr. Vincent D’souza, our young enthusiastic and energetic Principal now has the responsibility of taking the school to new heights.
Initially the Founder’s plan was to have Classes up to Secondary level. It was Archbishop Alen De Lastic who encouraged the school authorities to upgrade the school to Senior Secondary level realizing the need of the local community. He emphasized the need for common rules and regulations for our Diocesan Schools. He appointed the present Archbishop of Delhi Most Rev. Dr. Vincent M. Concessao as the Chairman. He took up the responsibility of guiding the Diocesan Schools including St. Michael’s. Under his chairmanship, in 1994 we introduced Co-education. We are inspired by his commitment and simplicity.
On his transfer to Agra Diocese as the Archbishop, Rev. Fr. Victor D’Souza then Vicar General and Administrator of the Delhi Catholic Archdiocese, in 1999 – 2001 gave the school a new aesthetic look. We are very grateful to him for his services. Then the responsibility was handed over to the Auxiliary Bishop. Anil Couto, the present Bishop of Jalandar Diocese, who served from 2001 to 2007 as the Chairman of Diocesan Schools. Once again from February 2007 till February 2009 V.Rev.Fr.Victor D’Souza became the Chairman of Diocesan Schools. The task now lies with our Auxiliary Bishop. Most. Rev. Franco Mulakkal, President of the Governing Board of Diocesan Schools since 2009 who continues to guide and inspires us.
We gratefully remember the dedicated services of our Managers. Rev. Fr. Santos (1980-92) Rev. Fr. Lawrence Pinto (1992-93), Fr. E. D. Sebastian (1993 – 2000), Rev. Fr. Charles D’Souza ( 2000 –2001), Rev. Fr. Ayres Fernandes (2001-2007) , Rev. Fr. George Manimala (2007 – 08), Rev. Fr. Januario Rebello since 2008 onwards guiding us. Each one of them has contributed immensely to the growth of St. Michael’s School.
1) Year 1980-1992 Rev. Fr. Ireneus Santos
2) Year 1992-1993 Rev. Fr. Lawrence Pinto
3) Year 1993-2000 Rev. Fr. E.D. Sebastian
4) Year 2000-2001 Rev. Fr. Charles D'Souza
5) Year 2001-2007 Rev. Fr. Ayres Fernandes
6) Year 2007-2008 Rev. Fr. George Manimala
7) Year 2008-2016 Rev. Fr. Januario Rebello
8) Year 2016 onwards Rev. Fr. Lawrence P.R.
1) Year 1980-1982 Rev. Bro. Emmanuel
2) Year 1982-1983 Rev. Bro. Tynan
3) Year 1983-1985 Rev. Bro. Mac Philmy
4) Year 1985-1988 Rev. Fr. Bennie Mathew
5) Year 1988-2007 Mr. Mani Thomas
6) Year 2007-2014 Rev. Fr. Vincent D'Souza
7) Year 2014 Onwards Rev. Fr. Sabu Joseph
1) Year 2000-2002 Rev. Fr. Mobin Michael
2) Year 2005-2007 Rev. Fr. Vincent D'Souza
1) Year 2010-2011 Rev. Sr. Vidya Soreng
2) Year 2011-2014 Rev. Sr. Joy Martin
3) Year 2014-2017 Rev. Sr. Catherine D'Souza
4) Year 2017 onwards Rev. Sr. Lia Barretto